EXIPURE

Sameera Reddy: “I Was Told I Was Too Dark, Didn’t Fit Into That Girl Next Door Look”

Sameera Reddy: “I Was Told I Was Too Dark, Didn’t Fit Into That Girl Next Door Look”
Sameera Reddy: “I Was Told I Was Too Dark, Didn’t Fit Into That Girl Next Door Look” (Photo Credit – Sameera Reddy/Instagram

Sameera Reddy has almost completed two decades in the acting Industry. She has been a part of some really exciting projects in Hindi as well as the regional industry. But do you know the actress was once told she was too dark to be a part of showbiz? Below is all the scoop you need.

Most often actors go through ill experiences during their struggling phase in the Industry. Recently, Bipasha Basu shared her casting couch experience too. Now, the De Dana Dan actress has revealed how she was asked to fit in a certain way if she wanted to be an actress.

In a conversation with Bollywood Bubble, Sameera Reddy shared, “I was told I was too dark, too tall, too broad. I didn’t fit into that girl next door look. I had to constantly try and fit in it and it really exhausted and tired me. I don’t regret it because that was my learning to learn to come to this point of loving myself unconditionally. You have to go through a point where you actually hate yourself because when you come to this point of hating yourself so much and break into pieces, you can put yourself back together in the most beautiful way possible.”

Sameera Reddy also shared how she was expected to change every now and then to fit into the expectations. “It was not discrimination. More than that it was more of you have to look a certain way, whether you have to pad your chest or hips. There was always something that I had to fix,” added the De Dana Dan actress.

But we’re glad that Sameera did what she felt right. The actress has beautifully grown over the years, both as an individual and an actor. She even recently opened up about her postpartum depression.

Must Read: Bigg Boss 14: Kumkum Bhagya Actress Naina Singh Refutes Claims Of Entering The Salman Khan Show

Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube

The post Sameera Reddy: “I Was Told I Was Too Dark, Didn’t Fit Into That Girl Next Door Look” appeared first on Koimoi.



No comments:

Post a Comment

leanbellyjuice

INSTAGRAM FEED

@khanofficialjobs