EXIPURE

When Mahesh Bhatt Said, “I’m The Bast*rd Child Of A Single Muslim Mother” On Missing A ‘Father Figure’ In His Life

When Mahesh Bhatt Opened Up About Absence Of Father Figure In His Life
When Mahesh Bhatt Opened Up About Missing Father Figure In His Life(Image Credit: Facebook/Mahesh Bhatt)

Controversy and Mahesh Bhatt go hand in hand. Nothing about the filmmaker’s life is conventional. His family, his childhood, his films, his vision, his relationships, or his knowledge; nothing can be put into a box. Often, he lands in controversy speaking his mind.

Bhatt was born to a Muslim mother and Hindu father out of wedlock, he never knew the family as we know it. He was always part of his father’s other family. Once he opened up about his absence of a father figure in his own life and how couldn’t become the son his mother always wanted him to be.

Talking to Hindustan Times, Mahesh Bhatt said, “But I don’t know what a father really is. I never really had one. I have no worthwhile memories of my father, therefore no idea of what a father’s role should be. I am the bastard child of a single Muslim mother, of Shirin Mohammed Ali.”

The filmmaker further said, “But I came into my own when I stumbled upon my autobiographical idiom – where I got to say things the way I wanted to. To be able to talk about the ‘hidden’ things, about what I was embarrassed about who I really was. So, all my dysfunctional relationships, beginning from my absent father, have helped me become who I am.”

Mahesh Bhatt even opened up about his relationship with his son Rahul Bhatt. The ace director said, “There was a wound there… I left home when he was around three and he felt I had abandoned the family for another woman. And this was a grievance I couldn’t deny him because it was true. The father-son bond even though in tatters was never fully broken, so when the David Headley crisis happened, the family came together. Sunny (Rahul Bhatt) realised that the father he thought wasn’t there, had never really left. Slowly we began rebuilding our relationship and I urged him to use his anger against me to fuel his goals. And he managed to do that.”

Must Read: For Aishwarya Rai, Sonu Sood Is Like A Father! Revisit What Happened Between The Duo While Doing Jodhaa Akbar

Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube

The post When Mahesh Bhatt Said, “I’m The Bast*rd Child Of A Single Muslim Mother” On Missing A ‘Father Figure’ In His Life appeared first on Koimoi.



No comments:

Post a Comment

leanbellyjuice

INSTAGRAM FEED

@khanofficialjobs